CheySecondLife

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, January 16, 2012

Blogger Maintenance

Posted on 1:06 PM by Unknown
Written 16 January, 2012

Blogger Maintenance

If I've not been posting much lately it's because I just spent a good month going back through my posts on Blogger and editing them for consistency.

Since there are more than 1800 posts, it took a while.

Blogger is bad for throwing in all sorts of div and span tags. These serve absolutely no purpose (at least insofar as my blogposts go), but screw up formatting big time.

I went back through each posts examining them for consistency and editing html to get rid of unwanted line spaces and add spaces where they had been stripped out. While I was at it I made sure photos were properly sized and positioned.

I had to fight Blogger all the way.

The further back I went, the weirder things got. Photos refused to move to the center position; I had to re-import quite few-- a time-eating procedure, since I either had to find the original or export the photo and re-import it.

In six of seven posts the photos had been corrupted; I had to find the originals and reimport them.

It was all a royal and totally unnecessary pain in the ass. Blogger should be better.

Perhaps it was anal of me, but I'm proud of the blog and wanted it to look right. Now it does, mostly. In a few cases I just gave up and let Blogger pin me to the mat.

I finished the last post a few minutes ago. Yay!

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Life 2.0... Finally
    Sweetie and I have been wanting to see Jason Springarn-Koff's 2009 Second Life-based documentary Life 2.0 since forever. Tonight we fou...
  • Glitch and Happenstance: Part I: Capturing the Moment
    Written 25 January, 2011 Glitch and Happenstance Part I: Capturing the Moment Here's a collection of photos I've taken over the year...
  • Chey's Hair Base
    Written 21 November, 2010 Chey's Hair Base I have a long head which is not attractive when I'm not wearing prim hair. Of course, I a...
  • Glitch and Happenstance: Part III: Contrived Photos
    Written 25 January, 2011 Glitch and Happenstance Part III: Contrived Photos Police Raid on the Forsaken Sim Adventures in Perspective My fri...
  • Glitch and Happenstance: Part VI: Sweetie, Snapshot Wizard
    Written 25 January, 2011 Glitch and Happenstance Part VI: Sweetie, Snapshot Wizard
  • Micro Ostrich
    That's me at Sweetie's feet-- A tiny ostrich with a windup key. Just LOOK how tiny!
  • I Work on the Swamp
    Written 7 June, 2011 I Work on the Swamp I tweaked the little swamp on Whimsy today-- added a crane and a red-eared turtle and this lurking ...
  • Plants
    Three-Prim Plants Make the World A Better Place Written 6 March, 2011 Plants I love Second Life plants. They transform inhospitable landscap...
  • Runaway Giraffes
    Written 19 November, 2010 Runaway Giraffes Our sim neighbor Leaf has put a herd of giraffes on the Whimsical Mischief sim, which can be foun...
  • Kaboom Rocket
    Written 27 January, 2011 Kaboom Rocket For a while now Sweetie and I have been puzzing about how to transport avatars from this little islan...

Categories

  • Marnix (1)
  • Second Life (1)

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (74)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (25)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (5)
  • ▼  2012 (101)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (23)
    • ►  September (10)
    • ►  August (17)
    • ►  July (2)
    • ►  June (3)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  March (9)
    • ►  February (7)
    • ▼  January (6)
      • Politic Against SOPA and PIPA
      • Stop SOPA!
      • Blogger Maintenance
      • Erratum
      • The Lindens are Stingy With Resources
      • A New Way to Count Prims
  • ►  2011 (198)
    • ►  December (20)
    • ►  November (15)
    • ►  October (9)
    • ►  September (31)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (9)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (20)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (17)
    • ►  January (23)
  • ►  2010 (127)
    • ►  December (26)
    • ►  November (20)
    • ►  October (50)
    • ►  September (18)
    • ►  August (13)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile