CheySecondLife

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Giving a Presentation with Sweetie

Posted on 2:11 PM by Unknown
Written 8 May, 2011

A Presentation with Sweetie

Yesterday Sweetie and I drive a hundred and fifty miles and gave a presentation about our Second Lives at a conference that wasn't about Second Life.

The conference was small with multiple tracks, so we had only about ten people in the room, but it was fun to slow slides of us and of Whimsy and talk about our relationship.

There was another couple present who had also met in Second Life. Their story was more drama-filled than mine. They met in a Second Life strip club and become partners. When she traveled to the U.S. to a conference, they met in real life. She wound up seeking asylum, spent a month in a holding cell, her blue card is now in process, and the couple of living together. Another couple in the room had met them in Second Life and helped them when they ran into legal snags in the immigration process. Another attendee couldn't seem to learn how to turn her computer on and wanted help. And a friend showed up to support me by questioning every thing we said and IMing throughout the presentation.

We spent a lot of time in preparation for such a small audience, but we have from it a nice PowerPoint presentation and movie Sweetie made. I'll post it here in the blog soon-- if it doesn't show her virtual face, that is.

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Life 2.0... Finally
    Sweetie and I have been wanting to see Jason Springarn-Koff's 2009 Second Life-based documentary Life 2.0 since forever. Tonight we fou...
  • Glitch and Happenstance: Part I: Capturing the Moment
    Written 25 January, 2011 Glitch and Happenstance Part I: Capturing the Moment Here's a collection of photos I've taken over the year...
  • Chey's Hair Base
    Written 21 November, 2010 Chey's Hair Base I have a long head which is not attractive when I'm not wearing prim hair. Of course, I a...
  • Glitch and Happenstance: Part III: Contrived Photos
    Written 25 January, 2011 Glitch and Happenstance Part III: Contrived Photos Police Raid on the Forsaken Sim Adventures in Perspective My fri...
  • Glitch and Happenstance: Part VI: Sweetie, Snapshot Wizard
    Written 25 January, 2011 Glitch and Happenstance Part VI: Sweetie, Snapshot Wizard
  • Micro Ostrich
    That's me at Sweetie's feet-- A tiny ostrich with a windup key. Just LOOK how tiny!
  • I Work on the Swamp
    Written 7 June, 2011 I Work on the Swamp I tweaked the little swamp on Whimsy today-- added a crane and a red-eared turtle and this lurking ...
  • Plants
    Three-Prim Plants Make the World A Better Place Written 6 March, 2011 Plants I love Second Life plants. They transform inhospitable landscap...
  • Runaway Giraffes
    Written 19 November, 2010 Runaway Giraffes Our sim neighbor Leaf has put a herd of giraffes on the Whimsical Mischief sim, which can be foun...
  • Kaboom Rocket
    Written 27 January, 2011 Kaboom Rocket For a while now Sweetie and I have been puzzing about how to transport avatars from this little islan...

Categories

  • Marnix (1)
  • Second Life (1)

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (74)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (25)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (5)
  • ►  2012 (101)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (23)
    • ►  September (10)
    • ►  August (17)
    • ►  July (2)
    • ►  June (3)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  March (9)
    • ►  February (7)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ▼  2011 (198)
    • ►  December (20)
    • ►  November (15)
    • ►  October (9)
    • ►  September (31)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (9)
    • ▼  May (12)
      • Candid Photo
      • Thin Music: Part IV: Second Life Streams
      • Thin Music: Part III: Music Goes Portable
      • Thin Music: Part II: Fidelity Fades Away
      • Thin Music: Part I: High Fidelity
      • Let's Party Like It's 2011
      • Butt Culture in Second Life
      • Giving a Presentation with Sweetie
      • Can't... Reach... the... Mute... Button... ARRGH!
      • Mute and Derender
      • Gopher
      • Why Newbies Need to Activate Advanced Mode
    • ►  April (20)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (17)
    • ►  January (23)
  • ►  2010 (127)
    • ►  December (26)
    • ►  November (20)
    • ►  October (50)
    • ►  September (18)
    • ►  August (13)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile